Blog Journal #2
Since elementary school, I have used Microsoft Word to complete my teacher's assignments. In my opinion, I prefer to use Google Docs for note-taking purposes. I believe Microsoft Word can be difficult and slow to use, especially during school hours. With my Gmail connected to Google Docs, it is simple to email notes or assignments rather than downloading the documents.
Standard 2.5 Designer stands out to me as I believe it is important to let students get creative with their work. If students feel more connected to their assignments, they will be more willing to learn and complete their assignments. Standard 2.5 discusses how educators should create "learner-driven activities" and "accommodate learner variability". Each year, I learn about new platforms and different ways to make assignments more enjoyable.
Digital native is where an individual has grown up using and relying on technology in their daily lives. I do agree with the label for today's youth because many people do not know how to survive a day without having a digital device nearby. There are many differences between the students and teachers who are digital immigrants who use technology. Adults have not always relied on technology for their daily usage, so many times they have to be shown how to accomplish something online. I hope to include technology in my teaching because I know the students will be able to finish the assignments given.
Hi Olivia. It's very interesting you've used MS Word for so long when my experience is different. I agree with your take on why MS Word can be difficult and I also prefer Google Docs. Love the standard you chose! I also agree. Plus, I also agreed with today's term of "digital native." This blog post is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteHi Olivia! I totally agree, Google Docs makes things so much easier, especially with sharing and access from anywhere. Standard 2.5 was spot on as well, when students can be creative, they’re way more into their work.
ReplyDelete