blog post #1
1. I hope to learn this semester how to use technology more in school. For the most part, I am comfortable with only using a few platforms such as Google, Google Docs, Gmail, and Canvas. Sometimes, technology confuses me and gives me anxiety thinking I am going to mess up or post the wrong assignment. Since I wish to become a teacher after I graduate, I want to know more about how to use technology to help my students reach their full potential.
2. My prior experience of using technology in an educational setting was during high school. All four years of high school I was a part of the yearbook committee and was named one of the main editors. I learned how to use Photoshop, adobe, and Illustrator as well as getting certified in all three areas. After learning how to use these platforms, I was confident in my work and was able to do my job correctly.
3. While I was a part of the yearbook committee, I learned how to edit photos, make spreadsheets, organize a page to fit multiple pictures and make shapes using the computer. I did enjoy my time working on the yearbook, but I do not think I enjoyed it enough to consider it a hobby or something I was to continue doing. I was also in the student government class, where I had to use Canva to make posters for upcoming events. Learning resources that I use are reading fiction and nonfiction books, watching the news, and still creating posters or images for things I enjoy on Canva.
Hi Olivia! Your post provides a clear and organized reflection on your experiences with technology. I definitely agree that sometimes technology can be stressful! Trying to use new platforms can be extremely confusing and I oftentimes find myself double or triple checking that I am submitting the right assignment. Being apart of the yearbook committee sounds like an interesting opportunity to learn more about technology and how to make things visually appealing. Skills such as these will be useful when you become a teacher!
ReplyDeleteHey Olivia! I really relate to your feelings about technology sometimes being confusing and even anxiety-inducing. I’ve also worried about submitting the wrong assignment or messing something up, so you’re definitely not alone in that! It’s great that you’re looking to expand your comfort zone with technology, especially since you plan to become a teacher. The more tools you have at your disposal, the better you’ll be able to support your future students in their learning. I also love that you still use Canva to create things for fun! Since you’ve worked with both professional design tools and user-friendly platforms like Canva, do you prefer one over the other for everyday projects?
ReplyDelete