blog post #3


1. As a teacher, it is important to create your own exams and assignments to match the teaching style you have used in class. Both my students and I should be able to not copyright other work to prove that we both understand the material. If a child is caught cheating or copyrighting, they will receive a zero for that assignment. When a teacher makes their work, it is harder for students to plagiarize. 
2. Academic dishonesty happens often in classrooms, especially when teaching older students with more internet access. As a teacher, it is my job to ensure I am giving enough material and being available for help to stop the need for cheating. If a student decides to be academically dishonest, they will receive a zero for the assignment. Students make mistakes, so I will not let them judge their character and hope they create their own work from now on. 
3. I do think AI is helpful in classroom settings as long as it does not interfere with students' learning. ChatGPT can be abused by students by giving them answers to assignments, which hinders their learning. If AI is used to enhance their learning, then it is a helpful tool for students. Generative AI can be helpful or hurting student learning depending on how they choose to use it. 
4. While working on the Newsletter Design assignment, I have learned how to be more creative. I enjoyed being able to have creative freedom when establishing the colors and themes I wished to use in my classroom. Floral patterns have always been my favorite, so I am happy I got to include them in my design. Using what I learned from this assignment, I will be able to establish more engaging work to keep my classroom lighthearted and welcoming. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #7

Participation Portfolio Item #20: URL Shortener

Blog #6